From Carl Steinbach <c...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Unable to install hcatalog
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:30:24 GMT
Hi Zaki,

You may be able to get this to work by forcing the installation of the
hcatalog RPM
using the --force option, but there's also a good chance that this will
break
your Hive installation, and may also leave you with a broken HCatalog
installation.

The basic problem is that the HCatalog RPM should not install Hive
artifacts, but
is forced to because Apache Hive RPMs don't exist. I filed HCATALOG-217 to
track
this issue.

Until this ticket gets resolved I think your best bet is to try using the
HCatalog tarball.

Thanks.

Carl