Yes. Tables are not created automatically if they don't exist. So, need to create tables before launching the job.

Ashutosh
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 17:02, Avery Ching <aching@apache.org> wrote:
HCATALOG-10 works for me, but I have a new question.  I got the error

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hcatalog.common.HCatException : 2001 : Error setting output information. Cause : NoSuchObjectException

from

    at org.apache.hcatalog.mapreduce.HCatOutputFormat.setOutput(HCatOutputFormat.java:184)

Seems like the table needs to be created first?

After looking at src/test/org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/HCatMapReduceTest.java, it appears so, but I just wanted to confirm that was a good example.

Thanks,

Avery