From Charles Menguy <cmen...@proclivitysystems.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading current hive warehouse
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:23:29 GMT
I believe you still need at least Hive 0.8 to get HCatalog to work properly.

This is mainly true if you're using partitions : I ran into some issues
earlier where I couldn't use partitioned tables as HCat was trying to call
add_partitions with a List<Partitions> which was only implemented in Hive
0.8 (before it was add_partition with a single Partition). With my existing
Hive 0.7.1 I couldn't get this stuff working due to this issue, when I
switched to Hive 0.8 it worked fine.

I may be wrong but that's one of the main issues I ran into.

Charles