From David Capwell <dcapw...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: using hcat with pig 0.8
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 19:26:28 GMT
Also you should be able to do "pig -Dpig.additional.jars=$(ls $HCAT_HOME/lib/*.jar | xargs
echo | sed 's/\n/:/g') myScript.pig"

On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:15:29AM, Julien Le Dem wrote:

Hi,
I've been following the instructions here:
http://incubator.apache.org/hcatalog/docs/r0.2.0/loadstore.html#Set+Up
In particular I'm starting Pig with the following command line:

java -cp pig.jar hcatalog.jar
    -Dhcat.metastore.uri=thrift://<hcatalog server hostname>:9080
    -Dhcat.metastore.principal=<hcatalog server kerberos principal>
myscript.pig

But when using the HCatLoader or Storer it does not find the
dependencies. I resolved this by manually making a fat jar of hcatalog
and its dependencies but I'm wondering if there's a better way. I'm
building HCatalog from trunk.

Thanks,
Julien