From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HCatOutputFormat uses Hadoop security
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 01:02:51 GMT
HCATALOG-10 works for me, but I have a new question.  I got the error

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hcatalog.common.HCatException :
2001 : Error setting output information. Cause : NoSuchObjectException

from

     at
org.apache.hcatalog.mapreduce.HCatOutputFormat.setOutput(HCatOutputFormat.java:184)

Seems like the table needs to be created first?

After looking at
src/test/org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/HCatMapReduceTest.java, it
appears so, but I just wanted to confirm that was a good example.

Thanks,

Avery