From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using HCatInputFormat / HCatOutputFormat to access Hive tables
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:36:17 GMT
Thank you for the quick response.  I'm using composition to implement
Giraph's VertexInputFormat/VertexOutputFormat, so it's fine that
mapreduce is used.  Has HCatInputFormat/HCatOutputFormat been tested
successfully with Hive's latest releases?  I'd love to see someone's
example code if it exists to load data from HCatInputFormat...

Avery

On 11/18/11 12:49 PM, David Capwell wrote:
> Currently hcat only supports the mapreduce package and not the mapred package that giraph
uses.

> Also in order to use hcat your table properties must define "hcat.isd" and "hcat.osd"
which stand for InputStorageDriver and OutputStorageDriver.  These are the interfaces used
in hcat to read/write data.