From David Capwell <dcapw...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Using HCatInputFormat / HCatOutputFormat to access Hive tables
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:49:33 GMT
Currently hcat only supports the mapreduce package and not the mapred package that giraph uses.

Also in order to use hcat your table properties must define "hcat.isd" and "hcat.osd" which
stand for InputStorageDriver and OutputStorageDriver.  These are the interfaces used in hcat
to read/write data.