From Ranjit Mathew <ran...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HCatalog 0.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 04:17:25 GMT
On 09/20/2011 12:27 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan wrote:
>      I have created a candidate build for HCatalog 0.2.0-incubating.
>      Keys used to sign the release are available at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/hcatalog/trunk/KEYS?view=markup.
>      Please download, test, and try it out:
>      http://people.apache.org/~hashutosh/hcatalog-0.2.0-incubating-candidate-0/
>      The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all
> be found at the above address.
>      Should we release this? Vote closes on Thursday, Sep 22nd.

The authorization for delegation-tokens issued by HCatalog 0.2 (via HIVE-1988)
assumes that the allowed proxy-users are defined locally at the HCatalog server,
not at the cluster Name Node, as is usually the case. Is this intentional? If yes,
this must be clearly documented.

Does this release require all the clients to bump up their HCatalog client JARs
to the 0.2 version as well?

Thanks,
Ranjit