From Chris Tierney <hiiichriii...@gmail.com>
Subject multiple hcatalog jars in 0.1.0 tar
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:25:45 GMT
Hi,

When I download the release candidate from here:

http://people.apache.org/~hashutosh/hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating-candidate-1/hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating.tar.gz

I see that there are multiple jars in the lib directory that represent
hcatalog:

hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating/lib/hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating.jar
hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating/lib/hcatalog-0.1.0.jar
hcatalog-0.1.0-incubating/lib/hcatalog-0.1.1.jar

This causes a problem in the client startup script because it's expecting to
run a single jar, but, this line here matches multiple jars:

# Find our hcatalog jar
HCAT_JAR=$HCAT_HOME/lib/hcatalog-*.jar

Are we missing a clean on our lib directory when this is being built?

I am able to get past this by changing the above line to this:
HCAT_JAR=$HCAT_HOME/lib/hcatalog-0.1.0.jar

Since I am new to this project I am hesitant to just file JIRA's without
asking questions first, sorry.

Congrats on the release all :)

Thanks,

CT