From Ashutosh Chauhan <hashut...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Permissions and Ownership for Table Data
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:18:34 GMT
Hey Ranjit,

Sorry for bit late on this. When you add new partitions permissions
and groups do get inherited from table, if you are adding your data
through HCatLoader (via pig) or through HCatOutputFormat (via your
map-reduce program). If you are adding data through other mechanism
and then doing "add partition" on CLI, in that case those won't get
inherited.
AFAIK, you can't set groups/perms through Hive CLI.

Thanks,
Ashutosh