From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors when trying to run hcat.sh
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 20:04:57 GMT
Vandana-
   The hcat script currently expects the HADOOP_CLASSPATH to be
defined before it is run.  If you're running a recent version of
hadoop, you can get this path from bin/hadoop classpath.  If you're
running an older version, it's a bit of pain to assemble, but
hopefully will have been set by your gridops team.

-Jakob

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Vandana Ayyalasomayajula
<avandana@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I downloaded HCatalog source and  built it successfully, but when I run try running
the hcat.sh script I hit into problems. The script is trying to construct "HADOOP_CLASSPATH"
from a path that does not exist. Am I missing some environment setting ?