From Devaraj Das <d...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HCatalog feature wish list
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:10:52 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2011, at 11:35 AM, "Carl Steinbach" <carl@cloudera.com<mailto:carl@cloudera.com>>
wrote:

Hi Devaraj,

- Web UI
Are there any know web UIs (or plans for one) to expose and even
modify HCatalog data? We'd like to build a web UI that would help with
data discovery. IIRC, facebook had something similar at one point.

Devaraj: At Yahoo!, there is some internal effort going on in this direction.

Is Y! planning to open-source this work? If so, do you have any idea when we can expect that
to happen?

Thanks.

Carl

Don't know for sure since the work is happening in a different group. I'll touch base with
them and get back..