incubator-hcatalog-dev mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Chauhan <hashut...@apache.org>
Subject HCatHBaseStorageHandler status
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:56:31 GMT
There are two ways currently to interact with HBase either via
HBaseStorageHandler or HCatHBaseStorageHandler. There is lot of overlap in
terms of vision of these two handlers. In terms of feature set, there is
also quite a bit of overlap. Having two implementations for a same vision
in same codebase is clearly less than ideal, especially after we have
merged in with Hive. So, I propose we should just remove
HCatHBaseStorageHandler and work towards consolidating the two. I have also
created a jira for it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4331

Thoughts?

Ashutosh