incubator-hcatalog-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: State of build
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:25:08 GMT
Note that regarding publishing artifacts to a Maven repository, there's some work going on
for that with Hive here:

This is different from using Maven for the actual build, which we're not currently considering.

JVS

On Apr 13, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Alan Gates wrote:

> I haven't used maven so I don't have any opinion on it.  At this point given that the
code already uses ant, and Hive, with which it is tightly integrated, uses ant, I'd have to
be sold on the benefits of maven to be willing to pay the transition costs.