incubator-hama-user mailing list archives

From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BSP Development Tutorial
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:28:31 GMT
The tutorial is very good.

1) In the section `JarByClass not set`

> So better use the method BSPJob#setBspClass(your_class.class) to let the
framework determine the jar it needs to distribute properly.

Shouldn't it be setJar or setJarByClass method.

2) The master sends messages to itself when Math.abs(newInt %
peer.getNumPeers()) equals 0, but the master is not processing the incoming
messages.

3) > We want to provide a better support for real-time systems by adding
remote (a-)synchronous memory access in the future, see HAMA-546 for
progress and information on it. This example would then not have overhead
in using a global sync, because it does not use it.

Please elaborate why when using remote access why there is no need for
global sync.

4) The Twitter example in your blog (1) was more interesting and clear than
the random # generation.

5) > It is assuming that you have Hama-0.5.0 running (see GettingStarted),
either as deamons or in Eclipse (or any other favorable IDE) as a
localrunner.

Except for the generic parameter M, are any other specific features of 0.5
used? 0.5 is not still in the download area, wiki would be better on the
0.4 release.

Praveen

(1)
http://codingwiththomas.blogspot.in/2011/10/apache-hama-realtime-processing.html