From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject Variable # of bsp tasks
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:16:08 GMT
In the merge sort (1) the # of processors required decreases with each
super step. If I am not wrong in the current implementation of Hama, all
the processors slots are blocked till the job completion in spite of
knowing that no processing will be done by some of them. Can we improve
this? I am not aware of any other algorithms where the # of processors
required keeps on decreasing as the job makes progress.

(1) - http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.39.870

Praveen