From Apurv Verma <dapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Hama Doubts
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:17:21 GMT
Hii all,
 I seem to have overcome my initial hadoop setting up problems. I have some
questions.

   1. I seem to understand the Pi example, here is what I have understood,
   please correct me if I am wrong.
   Each of the BSPPeers does the local computation of Pi and sends it to a
   special BSPPeer which we have chosen as the master node. The choice of
   master node is completely arbitrary. It is from this node that we later
   fetch the results.

   2. I read that a BSP Task is composed of a series of supersteps, when we
   write sync() {which flushes all messages to the input queues of the
   intended BSPPeers , does this correspond to a completion of one superstep
   in the whole computation? Most computations have a sync() as the last line
   in the bsp function.

   3. Just as in hadoop each Map/Reduce Task gets an input split, does the
   bsp task also gets an input split. If yes, can we use the readNext() method
   in BSPPeer interface to obtain the data from files.

   4. How is a matrix going to be represented in the file? Are there any
   papers that describe matrix algorithms on the BSP framework.

Thank you all for the previous help and support !!

--
thanks and regards,

Apurv Verma
B. Tech.(CSE)