From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Hama Yarn module, process flow diagram
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:11:12 GMT
Soo here is the apache.org upload:
http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/yarn-hama-diagram.pdf<http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/Efficient%20Barrier%20Synchronization%20Mechanism.pdf>
http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/yarn-hama-diagram.pptx

Let me explain it though.
The client submits the job to the YARN infrastructure's resource manager.
This will take care to schedule the BSPApplicationMaster container
(actually this is going through the NodeManager as well).
Once the BSPApplicationmaster runs, it will examine the conf, start the RPC
servers needed (zookeeper as well) and then reports back to the
Resourcemanager (actually I missed to put the arrow back to the
resourcemanager, it is currently pointing to the scheduler). However, the
Resourcemanager will then start the required containers through the
NodeManagers once again.
If the BSPRunner runs the real task, it will piggyback heartbeats to the
BSPApplicationMaster. The container which is running is always piggybacking
to the nodemanager as well.

Sorry for the filehoster upload.