From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problem after importing Hama into Eclipse: maven-dependency-plugin (goals "copy-dependencies", "unpack") is not supported by m2e.
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:30:12 GMT
Hey Mike,

the problem is that m2e runs inside of eclipse, to get Hama into your
workspace correctly you need to run these maven commands, but this can't be
done from within eclipse.
If it isn't running correctly now, just follow the tutorial here:

http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToContribute

and use the shell commands rather than m2e.
If you want hama-0.3.0 instead of the trunk, you have to replace it with
the url of the branch [1]

This 100%ly works correctly.
I'm no maven expert either, but when you follow these lines you'll be fine.
Don't worry, you can use the fancyness of m2e later, once all the modules
are in your workspace.

Looking at the offending line (228) in Hama's pom.xml, I get the idea that
> this problem affects the construction of the hama-core-...jar file, rather
> than Eclipse's ability to compile the Hama java files.  Presumably the
> `mvn install` on the command line built that jar correctly, and this is
> why you are telling me to do that and suggesting this will keep me out of
> trouble.

Yes, we can't guarantee that m2e is doing the same thing like maven on the
command line ;)

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/branches/0.3/

--
Thomas Jungblut