From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Feature freeze
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:57:03 GMT
Great, thank you.

Let's cleanup the issues in the queue.

I think these issues are not a must-have for 0.4.0:
HAMA-466 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-466> Refactoring to
clean code -> (Ongoing efford)
HAMA-477 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-477> Refactor the Hama
examples tests -> (Ongoing efford)
HAMA-470 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-470> The Web Ui should
contain the version number -> Don't think this is really necessary for
0.4.0. Although it is a nice feature.
HAMA-445 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-445> Make configurable
checkpointing -> Checkpointing is deactivated and is useless without really
restarting the tasks (fault tolerance). So we can cut this.
HAMA-438 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-438> Generate Hama
config files from build -> Does this really belong to 0.4.0? How important
is this?
HAMA-447 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-447> Apply Findbugs
and stuff -> (Ongoing efford)

With cutting these from the roadmap we just have 9 issues left, which are
quite straight forward. 2-3 of them already contain patches.
What do you think?

BTW who is release manager? Edward?