From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Setup Computation Cleanup
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:27:37 GMT
Hi all,

like you may know I want to have a bit more structure (in terms of
intuition) in our API to the user.
I would like to add a setup(BSPPeer peer)  and a cleanup(BSPPeer peer)
method to our abstract BSP class.
In addition I want to implement the setConfiguration and getConfiguration in
our abstract BSP class, add a Configuration field, and set them to
deprecated. (maybe we can remove them in our 5.0 release).
To retrieve the job's configuration, the user should use
peer.getConfiguration().
Similar to the Hadoop flow, we are executing setup->bsp->cleanup.
So users could be able to execute initial message sending in the setup
method, as well as synchronizing.

What do you think?

--
Thomas Jungblut