From "ChiaHung Lin" <chl...@nuk.edu.tw>
Subject Re: Summary of problems with HAMA-413 and Discussion
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:49:43 GMT
The latest patch (HAMA_NEW.patch) for HAMA-413 seems still using bsp peer to report its status
back to master.

+        umbilical.updateTaskStatusAndReport(taskid);

+  public void updateTaskStatusAndReport(TaskAttemptID taskid) {
+    doReport(taskStatus);
+  }

Is there any chance to revert back using a version that reports task status by GroomServer,
so we can discuss based on that version? Just to ensure that the following issues are not
the result derived from the code changed above.

-----Original message-----
From:Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>
To:hama-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:43:48 +0900
Subject:Summary of problems with HAMA-413 and Discussion

Today, I tested all Hama examples on my cluster of 32 nodes, with 96
tasks. Pi and Serialized Printing examples were working fine but

1. Barrier Synchronizations are not working well (with a 'bench' example).
2. When an unexpected shutdown occurs, ZK nodes (which created by each
BSPPeer) will not be deleted. There's no way to clean them up before
reboot the server.
3. Graph examples are not working.
4. Too many reporting times between Groom and Master.
5. And, there are many code issues that can be improved.

1, and 2 issues are already reported (See HAMA-387, HAMA-407). Some of
3, 4, and 5 issues are already started by ChiaHung Lin.

All issues around this should be fixed in HAMA-413? or, Should we just
commit HAMA-413?

Thanks.
--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon