From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] "Fault Tolerant" system design and consideration of compatibility for the hadoop nextgen or mesos platform.
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:30:35 GMT
I guess, HNG won't stabilized until late 2011. We don't need to wait,
or depend on HNG.

But, I think, the Hama job can be submitted to both Hama cluster and HNG.

We don't need to choose one path.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM, ChiaHung Lin <chl501@nuk.edu.tw> wrote:
> I was under the impression that the previous discussion decided Hama would have its own
fault tolerance mechanism, including master and workers; therefore, HNG is not taken into
account.

> Regardless of using HNG or creating Hama's style mechanism for fault tolerance, checkpoint
is required so we will need to implement this feature first before processing the next step.

for the hadoop nextgen or mesos platform.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon