From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About HAMA-410
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:43:35 GMT
It's not a problem if they use different port numbers.

This is good discussion.

BTW, I think, I have to split task into smaller tasks.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 11, 2011, at 6:06 PM, "ChiaHung Lin" <chl501@nuk.edu.tw> wrote:

> A bit more questions.
>
> Suppose the BSPPeer1, on GroomServer A, talks to BSPPeer7 at GroomServer C. Now when
BSPPeer2, also on GroomServer A, wants to synchronize with BSPPeer8. How will GroomServer
C know which peer (e.g. {7,8,9}) to be synchronized with BSPPeer2 from GroomServer A?

> The current implementation in trunk seems only identify peerName, which consists of host:port
value. Therefore, during the sync() stage, the outgoingqueue probably would be confused which
task/ BSPPeer the message to be deliver. This potentially might have issue when performing
checkpoint. For checkpointing, the state e.g an incoming message is needed to be saved to
persistent storage so that in the recovery stage, previous state can be rollback.

where Task takes responsibility of task execution and BSPPeer in communication (sync, send).
What's the benefit of mering two different roles into one?

> So again, the communication will be occurred among Invoked (child)
> processes directly. BSPPeer1 <-> BSPPeer7.
>
> P.S., The reason why we don't use the multi-threads inside
> GroomServer, is related with killing job/task.
>
>> How do a BSPPeer distinguish other peers only related to computation itself involved
in? For instance, each GroomServer has 3 tasks where tasks are divided into 3 groups including
{1,4,7}, {2,5,8} and {3,6,9}. How do they communicate e.g without falsely sync with different
peers?

> There's no change. BSPPeer knows all peer names, and barrier will be
> managed by ZK.
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM, ChiaHung Lin <chl501@nuk.edu.tw> wrote:
>> This looks ok from the perspective of executing function. In addition, I have a few
questions and would like to gain more ideas on how it may work after refactored.