From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Building all Hama artifacts at once
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:23:31 GMT
Hi all,
since it may be useful to build Hama as a whole, generating artifacts for
both core and examples I think that it'd be good if we switch to a more
proper Maven structure.
In the current one we switch the sourceDirectory to produce the correct
artifact using profiles but I think it'd be much better to separate the code
in two modules: (core and examples) and have a parent POM which can be
useful to build everything at once and create the release distribution
package.
This mean we should:

   - create a core directory in SVN topnode
   - create a examples directory in SVN topnode
   - move everything in trunk to core except src/examples
   - move src/examples to examples
   - create a pom for examples module
   - clean the pom for core module
   - create a base pom which is used to build all at once and create
   distribution package (reactor)

I know it sounds like a huge refactoring but I think this would help in
maintaining a clean build.
As a side note I'd do that for the 0.4-incubating release to go faster with
the 0.3 now.
What do you think?
Regards,
Tommaso