From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Hama Compiling Error
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 09:21:50 GMT
Hey Ashish,

this isn't a compile time error, I assume that you files aren't touched with
the correct user rights.
For example this one:

start-bspd.sh: 29: /home/ashish/Desktop/Hama/
> hama-trunk/bin/hama-daemon.sh:
> Permission denied
> cat: /home/ashish/Desktop/Hama/hama-trunk/bin/../conf/groomservers: No such
> file or directory

Have a look at michael nolls tutorial on setting up Hadoop, and then just
install hama on top of it and own the directories with the same user as
Hadoop.

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

BTW installing things on the desktop isn't a good idea either ;D Put them
into "/usr/local/".
Watch out when starting your application: this should be done with the user
it actually owns.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

--