From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Running mutiple tasks in local mode
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 02:51:30 GMT
Hi all

In LocalBSPRunner, Runtime.availableProcessor will retuns the num of logical CPU's. Too small
number.

What do u think about increasing the num of threadPoolSize to ten times?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Chris Willmore <chris.willmore@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2011년 5월 10일 오후 6시 32분 51초 KST
> To: "hama-user@incubator.apache.org" <hama-user@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Running mutiple tasks in local mode
>

> Hi All,
>
> I am playing around with the examples in local mode, but cannot figure out how, or if
it is even possible, to run more than 2 peers for a job.

> I'ved tried running:
> bin/hama jar hama-examples.jar pi <num>
>
> with various values of num, but it seems it is disregarded and always 2 are run (one
master peer and one additional).
> Can I run and test locally with num > 2?
>
> Also, I was wondering how the number of peers concurrently running on a given groom server
are controlled. Is it configurable?