From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Pregel-clone on top of Hama.
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:41:05 GMT
Hi,

First of all, please compare the similarities and differences between
Hama Breadth First Search[1] and Pregel Breadth First Search[2]. (FYI,
Hama[1] was written earlier than Pregel paper.)

The process() function which is described in Hama[1], is a current
bsp() function. And, you can understand that the expand() function
which is described in Hama[1], is the same with Google Pregel's
compute() function.

I mean, the Pregel-like graph-specific programming model can be
implemented using BSP on top of Hama project. Basically, our project
goal is a generalized BSP computing engine[3]. But, I think it would
be nice if we can support the Pregel-like graph solution. (as a
sub-project of Hama)

1. http://people.apache.org/~edwardyoon/papers/Apache_HAMA_BSP.pdf
2. http://blog.udanax.org/2010/06/summary-of-google-pregel.html
3. https://blogs.apache.org/hama/entry/how_will_hama_bsp_different