From Chia-Hung Lin <cli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Signal/Collect - Programming Model for Synchronous and Asynchronous Graph Algorithms
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:35:58 GMT
This may be a bit off topic, but the usage example in Signal/ Collect
project reminds me of another topic concerning parallel and concurrent
computing.

Currently Hama exploits Java thread in accelerating performance. And
risks are raised when programming with threads regarding to thread
safety; therefore there are many solutions trying to address the
concurrency issue. For example, Erlang takes actor model. Others make
use of design pattern so concurrency can be achieved easier.

I think since Hama uses Java. Therefore, I am just interested in
knowing how developers in this community think of such issue? For
instance, adapting active object pattern so that the future
development may somehow be more productive.