From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: issue with TestBSPPeer
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 02:04:37 GMT
I attached my patch. Please review that patch.

And, the problem is, testSync() always passes through "ant test",
right? Then, we may need to check all thread, whether it is
successfully done, at testSync().

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Filipe David Manana
<fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>> The lines causing this issues (numbers 131 and 135) are:
>>
>> assertEquals(peer.getNumCurrentMessages(), 1);
>>
>> and
>>
>> assertEquals(peer.getNumCurrentMessages(), NUM_PEER * ROUND);
>>
>> both introduced by me :(
>
> I added a patch to fix this to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-322.
>
> One strange thing:
> If I use assertEquals(), the test blocks and doesn't give any output
> (neither in the report file).
> Has anyone ever had this issue?
>

>> Adding a LOG.info statement, I can see that the value given by
>> peer.getNumCurrentMessages() is not constant, that is, it seems to
>> vary due to timing issues.
>> Should we remove these 2 assertions?
>>
>> Anyway, we need to fix the test suite so that an assertion failing in
>> a Thread gets reported when running "ant test". I haven't noticed this
>> before.
>>
>> --
>> Filipe David Manana,
>> fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org

>>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."
>>

> --
> Filipe David Manana,

>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org