From Andrew Milkowski <andrewmilkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary Of The Google Pregel
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:43:36 GMT
thanks Edward! that was a great summary, in what sense do you think
Pregel differs from Hama in its current stage of development but also
in the road map going forward?

Another question is if Pregel utilizes macro-language (high level API)
couldn't exactly derive example from the paper, for me this is really
fascinating part of the whole endeavour to be able to encapsulate
graph/matrix operations at the higher level, many that deal with M/R
applications can tell you that even simplest Page rank computations
require multi-stage M/R jobs, not complex in themselves but requiring
input from application developers, sometimes for research/discovery
high level shortcut would be very beneficial (one example immediately
comes to mind is Pig)

thanks much again