From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Summary Of The Google Pregel
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 02:50:00 GMT
Hi,

Pregel paper introduces specialized graph computing infrastructure but
its computing engine part is basically based on BSP model and IMO, its
BSP style computing engine part can be also used for matrix algorithms
that often better fit a message passing model.

So, we are focusing on the implementation of the BSP engine first,
expecting it will be more general. You can check the current progress
here: http://wiki.apache.org/hama/Architecture

And as you said, I believe some high level API could be implemented
based on Hama BSP in the future. :)

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon