From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "June2010" by udanax
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:22:28 GMT
I've just wrote a report. Point me if i'm missing out something!

Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Subject: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "June2010" by udanax
To: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator
Wiki" for change notification.

The "June2010" page has been changed by udanax.
The comment on this change is: Add hama report..
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2010?action=diff&rev1=8&rev2=9

 = Hama =

- (project add text here)
+ Hama was accepted into Incubator on 20 May 2008. Hama is a
distributed scientific package on Hadoop for massive matrix and graph
data.
+
+ We're trying to implement the M/R alternative, a new computing
engine for matrix/graph computations based on BSP ourself, since we
noticed that the Hadoop M/R model isn't fit well for the complex
numerical/relational data processing required for many communications
between each others.
+
+ Recently we made a progress in development of the BSP cluster,
programming interface and overall architecture. And, HAMA project has
raised the interest level among Hadooper.
+
+ To graduate incubator, now we are focusing on first release HAMA.

 Signed off by mentor: