From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Hama Wiki] Trivial Update of "Architecture" by Edward J. Yoon
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 11:34:31 GMT
> In the distant future, the graph package would use both MR and BSP. But,

Where will M/R use for?

I'd like to cut M/R out of HAMA project and leave only the pure BSP &
Graph computing framework as simple as possible. Then, the rest are
user's matrix/graph applications.

And, I'd like to consider about building an contributor/developer ECOsystem.

> now i'll try to develop the graph package with only BSP. How about the
> matrix package?

As mentioned above, I'd like to show only some example of how you
implement your own matrix/graph applications using BSP.

I think the block of hadoop families should be added on diagram only
to help understand relations between hadoop and hama,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik.choi@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the distant future, the graph package would use both MR and BSP. But,
> now i'll try to develop the graph package with only BSP. How about the
> matrix package?
>
> --
> Hyunsik Choi
> Database & Information Systems Group, Korea Univ.
> http://diveintodata.org
>

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> > zookeeper should be enclosed in BSP since zookeeper is not disclosed to
>> > external. It is only used inside the BSP.
>>
>> Right you are. And also, the top of M/R and BSP should be clarified,
>> but currently something is odd overall.
>>
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik.choi@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Good job! But, the matrix package is omitted. Besides, I think that
>> > zookeeper should be enclosed in BSP since zookeeper is not disclosed to
>> > external. It is only used inside the BSP.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > Hyunsik Choi
>> > Database & Information Systems Group, Korea Univ.
>> > http://diveintodata.org

Computing

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon