From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject 2010 HPC trends and Hama project
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 06:10:17 GMT
Obviously, the HPC (High Perfomance Computing) and
Scientific-Computing market is expected to continuously growing.
According to IDC, the current HPC market is around $10 billion, which
is 20% of the total server market. The research company has forecast
the HPC market to grow to $15.6 billion by 2012.

By the way, In my opinion, currently, the non-IT company (e.g.,
chemistry, bio-medical, ... , etc) needs these HPC technologies,
rather than web service IT company. Because, innovation of web service
doesn't always require a high degree of skill or scientific computing.
(Of course, there is some demands from the part of graph/network data
processing in web service IT company)

For this reason, I guess the Hama project is not popular enough yet.
Thus, I think we need to appeal the the developer community in the
non-IT fields, in order to make our community more active.

As a first stage, How about we implement the Hama as a solution aimed
at small HPC market? The best practice better than thousand theories.

WDYT?
edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org