From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: A MapReduce Algorithm for Matrix Multiplication
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:45:33 GMT
Hi mahout,

OK, I'm also somewhat skeptical about the M/R based algebraic
computations after testing them on the large cluster (100 ~ 1000
nodes). M/R baed M/L algorithms? IMHO, It's about the same. :)

Therefore, currently Hama team is working to implement the BSP package
on hadoop, and another computing model/framework based on its
mechanism.

The BSP package of Hama will be introduced to hadoop communities in this week.

Any questions are welcome.

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org