From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Hello, about BSP model
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:22:53 GMT
Just FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Bisseling <R.H.Bisseling@uu.nl>
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: Hello, about BSP model
To: "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardyoon@apache.org>

Dear Edward,

I am sorry I did not reply earlier. I was so busy with all kinds of projects,
that I didn't getto your question until now.

But I looked your work up on the web, and found it very interesting.
Of course the fact that you chose the BSP approach appeals to me.

Let me give you a few pointers to my relevant work:

We have developed a sparse matrix/hypergraph partitioning package
(open source, GNU GPL)
called Mondriaan, see http://www.math.uu.nl/people/bisseling/Mondriaan/
We are currenly working on a Matlab interface, on visualisation,
and on making this library-callable.

You can find my BSPedupack software on
http://www.math.uu.nl/people/bisseling/software
It contains all the program from my book: Parallel Scientific
Computation: A Structured Approach using BSP and MPI
<http://www.oup.co.uk/isbn/0-19-852939-2>,
by Rob H. Bisseling, Oxford University Press, March 2004. ISBN 0-19-852939-2,
see http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198529392.do

There is an open-source project BSPonMPI bij Wijand Suijlen on SourceForge:
http://bsponmpi.sourceforge.net/
This transform a BSPlib program into MPI making it runnable on most
architectures.

I hope this is of some help. Don't hesitate to ask further details.
(I am not always that slow in answering!

Best wishes,
Rob

--
Rob H. Bisseling                 email: R.H.Bisseling@uu.nl
Utrecht University               phone: +31 30 2531481

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org