From "Vaijanath N. RAo" <vaiju1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About 0.19 branch and release
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:43:49 GMT
Hi Edward,

I think we should do that, as BSP will change the entire architecture. My only suggestion
would be to have an architecture diagram as to how we would approach the BSP model.

--Thanks and Regards
Vaijanath N. Rao

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardyoon@apache.org>
To: hama-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:05:26 PM GMT +05:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Subject: About 0.19 branch and release

Hello all,

IMO, Hama-0.19 (based on Hadoop/Hbase 0.19 and Map/Reduce) doesn't
have a chance to improve functionality and performance. The
pre-computation (e.g., blocking,..) is too heavy to avoid locality
problem. So, I'd like to release it as a simple version and focus on
new developments based on BSP model and Map/Reduce.

WDYT?

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org