From Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Angrapa - The Graph Package
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:18:32 GMT
Dear Vaijanath N. RAo,

Actually, most ideas of the graph package (angrapa) are still rough. Now,
this page (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hamburg) is only document, but we
will make better documents for angrapa sooner.
In this post, I want to try to give you more information. Current state of
angrapa is as follows. As you know, angrapa will be based on bulk
synchronous parallel (BSP). The key concept that we exploit for graph
computation is to communicate necessary data while preserving locality of
graph data. Therefore, we started with developing the bsp library. We
intended that we will design angrapa after we develop the alpha version of
bsp library. If we can have more contributors, however, we can start to
develop the angrapa core package after we only design interfaces of bsp.

--
Hyunsik Choi
Database & Information Systems Group, Korea University