From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Discuss about the performance of Jacobi algorithm and SVD with MR
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 03:03:23 GMT
We made a jacobi eigenvalue algorithm. (Thanks samuel) So, The SVD can
be simply implemented using jacobi eigenvalue algorithm --
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-176

Then, The SVD performance will be greatly influenced by the
performance of transpose, multiplication and eigenvalue algorithm.
@Samuel, Could you please check the time complexity of jacobi
algorithm on MR? (Also, I'll benchmark them.)

And, We may want to re-consider the algorithms based on other
computing model such as, Pregel. Does anyone have some ideas?

Any advices are welcome.
Thanks.
edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org