From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hama Problem
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 13:53:58 GMT
Hi,

> I am not sure this code easily can be parallel computed,or how to change
> this code to add the parallel  compuation.any advice will  be
> appreciated.thanks in advance.

OK, I'm sure it could be run on Hama/Hadoop.

According to my understanding of your code, It's a PCA. If you have an
M images as represented N^2 * 1 vectors, vector will be nomalized by
step-2. In step-3, the covariance matrix will be constructed using
matrix A by deviation of images and A^T. Finally you'll get the
eigenfaces using eigen values/vectors.

There are two large computing component in the step-3 and step-4, such
as N^2 by N^2 matrix transpose, multiplication and eigen
values/vectors of M by M matrix.

Currently in Hama, multiplication and transpose were implemented. If
eigenvalue decomposition is implement, you can easily migrate code.

> hama has it's own mailing list and this question is probably better
> asked there. see http://incubator.apache.org/hama/mailing_lists.html

Yes, we have own mailing list. Please contact us.

Thanks,
Edward

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org