incubator-hama-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Samuel Guo" <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Block multiplication.
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 03:27:30 GMT
Why not we construct the matrix using block format?
It's a strange operation to block a DenseMatrix to a block matrix storage
format.

BTW, blocking operation seems a expensive operation in Client.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>wrote:

> When I tried to multiply the 1000 * 1000, I received below massage
> before start the mapreduce.
>
> This is a issue of blocking job. It'll be handled on HAMA-107.
>
> 08/11/17 11:08:09 INFO hama.AbstractMatrix: Initializing the matrix
> storage.
> 08/11/17 11:08:16 INFO hama.AbstractMatrix: Create Matrix
> DenseMatrix_randhzngs
> 08/11/17 11:08:16 INFO hama.AbstractMatrix: Create the 1000 * 1000
> random matrix : DenseMatrix_randhzngs
> java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name:
> 1659554672448075830
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:1077)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor24.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:554)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:888)
>
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner$1.hasNext(HTable.java:1195)
>        at org.apache.hama.DenseMatrix.blocking(DenseMatrix.java:390)
>        at
> org.apache.hama.examples.MatrixMultiplication.main(MatrixMultiplication.java:46)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:141)
>        at
> org.apache.hama.examples.ExampleDriver.main(ExampleDriver.java:30)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:155)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name:
> 1659554672448075830
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:1077)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor24.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:554)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:888)
>
>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.decodeRemoteException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:82)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:856)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.next(HTable.java:1155)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner$1.hasNext(HTable.java:1192)
>        ... 18 more
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > mat-mat mult operation time was dramatically reduced. (to 12 seconds
> > from 300 seconds on same condition) but code is not good (because by
> > me). please review this.
> >
> > And, we'll start the research about block decomposition.
> > --
> > Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon @ NHN, corp.
> > edwardyoon@apache.org
> > http://blog.udanax.org
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon @ NHN, corp.
> edwardyoon@apache.org
> http://blog.udanax.org
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message