From "Samuel Guo" <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject how to deal with more and more tables in hbase?
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:54:09 GMT
Hi all,

as we know , when we create a matrix,  a new hbase table will be added in
hbase. after a lot of matrix operations, we will get more and more tables in
hbase. And some tables may be never used again after its matrix operation
finished. These tables will become orphans. Is it right? if not, plz let me
know.

And I guess that most of matrix operations will be executed just as below:
load some matrices from files,  use hama to do mapred-style matrix
operations , and get some other matrices or information , then dump them to
files.

Matrix in hbase just acts as a temp role. after we got the matrices in file,
they will become useless.

Should we do some job to solve it?

regards,

samuel