From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteer
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:40:20 GMT
Hi Vaijanath

I think you should investigate the 2D blocked algorithms for efficient
operation of matrices. (Hama may follow the general interface designed
by other matrices operation packages, such as, scalapack, octave,
etc.)

And, I think we need to focus on the least network cost model than the
least time complexity of operation model because the conventional
approach was based on a few high-end machines, yet we are trying to
achieve the performance by serveral thousands of computers.

- Edward

--
Best regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org