From "Edward J. Yoon" <edw...@udanax.org>
Subject Fwd: scalable parallel linear algebra
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:10:06 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Osentoski <sosentos@cs.umass.edu>
Date: Jul 19, 2008 1:55 AM
Subject: scalable parallel linear algebra
To: edwardyoon@apache.org

Hi Edward,

I've been watching the hema project with some interest.  I noticed on
your blog that you mentioned learning of scalapack.  I spent quite a
bit of time this summer installing and trying to use several different
parallel linear algebra packages.  I thought you might also find these
two packages interesting:

SLEPc and PETSc are scalable libraries.  SLEPc is a scalable library
for eigenvalue problem computations it is built on top of PETSc.
PETSc is a toolkit that allows techniques for sparse and nonsparse
linear algebra operations.

acts.nersc.gov/petsc
www.grycap.upv.es/slepc

Trilinos is another project large scale linear algebra stuff.  It's
made up of a bunch of packages some of which might be interesting to
you.

trilinos.sandia.gov

None of these packages are done in a Map Reduce framework.  And you
might have already heard of them all.  But I figured that you might be
interested to learn about them.  They seem to have fairly active
communities of people working on them.

Sarah Osentoski

--
Best regards,