From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Graffito update
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:44:49 GMT

On Apr 11, 2007, at 1:49 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [Cc:ing general@portals as the sponsoring PMC of Graffito, please
> follow up on graffito-dev]
>
> The time for a Graffito report is again coming up. My thoughts on the
> current status:
>
> * JCR Mapping: I unfortunately haven't had as much time as I would
> have wanted to push for a release of the JCR Mapping component, but
> there's still been activity thanks to Christophe, Felix, and Ruchi. I
> still think there's enough activity and interest to move the component
> into a Jackrabbit subproject.
>
> * Graffito: The rest of the Graffito project has seen no activity
> since the status discussions two months ago.

I use the Graffito API in several applications
Being that it is not the standard, it looks like I will need to
convert the apps to JCR or JCR Mapping

The Graffito portlets are a bit dated, so I wouldn't mind reworking
them into Jetspeed core

> Based on this I'd be ready to recommend terminating the Graffito
> project as dormant once the JCR Mapping component has been moved to
> Jackrabbit.
>
> Comments?

+0
  I don't want to see the project die, but being that I haven't
committed for a very long time, I feel I don't have a valid argument
for keeping it going