From St├ęphane Croisier <scroisi...@jahia.com>
Subject RE: Graffito update
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:44:30 GMT
At 22:50 11.04.2007, you wrote:
>I've seen the Jahia project and was hoping that Graffito would become
>the free substitute/companion to Jetspeed.  I'm "free-time" developing
>sites for charity and non-profit orgs leaving Jahia w/ cost involved for
>non-profits.

Just for your information, a free community
edition of Jahia which includes both some Portal
(based on J2) and WCM features exists. Moreover
all editions (including all commercial ones) are
free of charge for charity orgs.

Else, regarding the end of the Graffito project
and having developed an integrated CMS coupled to
J2, I am quite sure that we could redo something
based on a futrue version of Jahia. Jahia will
move to Jackrabbit (future version 6.0 - we
wanted to move faster into that direction... but
you know what it is: too many customers to deal
with, not enough time to refactor existing
code... and your product roadmap is always
delayed...). Combined with such a move, we want
to better isolate open source versus commercial
features (which is not possible right now based
on the existing code base). So this also mean
that a possible contribution of our combined J2
Portal+WCMS+DMS stack would be possible in a near future.

Cheers,
St├ęphane

- -- --- -----=[ scroisier2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
www.jahia.org : The Professional Open Source Unified ECM