From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM toosl : Undefined JCR Type support
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:12:47 GMT
Hi,

On 2/20/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just wondering how to support the "undefined" jcr type ?
> What are your expectation ? What are your use cases ? I would like to have
> some good examples where the undefined type could be use.
> Is it interesting to map an "underfined" jcr prop into a javabean attribute
> based on the Object class ?

Using Object for the mapping sounds reasonable.

I think the UNDEFINED property type is mostly used in contexts like
nt:unstructured, where more exact typing information is not available.
Such cases are not very applicable to the current static mapping
approach, but the "content-to-object" mapping approach I mentioned
earlier would directly benefit from such a catchall mapping.

BR,

Jukka Zitting