From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status followup
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:32:14 GMT
Hi,

> The ASF board asked us to report again this month on the outcome of
> the project status discussion we had recently. It seems that there's
> marked interest in the project, but as of now not much is happening.
> I'd like to resume the discussion and hopefully arrive in a conclusion
> that we could include in the next Incubator report.

I've written the following report for Graffito this month. Please
comment by the end of today if there's something you'd like to change
in the report.

----

Graffito

(This is the extra followup report requested by the board last month.)

Graffito is a framework for content-based applications, especially in
portlet environments. Graffito entered incubation on September 20,
2004.

The recent discussion on the status of the Graffito project has
concluded with some concrete action items (see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-graffito-dev/200702.mbox/%3c3b728ee90702140445i5d21bd22j95fb5b67c58abc70@mail.gmail.com%3e).
The plan is to realign Graffito to be more a content management
framework instead of a complete CMS product and to better leverage the
features of JCR content repositories.

The effect of these plans on commit activity remains to be seen, but
as of now the general feeling around the project is positive.
Hopefully we'll have some concrete results to show by the time of the
next report.

----

BR,

Jukka Zitting