From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status followup
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:30:05 GMT
Hi,

On 2/14/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before starting the refactoring, I would like to be sure that
> everybody is agreed. Can we summarize like this :

+1, sounds good to me.

> * Framework means a series of components/services that can be running
> alone (or integrated into specific applications). The framework offers
> also an integration with other existing frameworks/components.

We might want to consider applying the OSGi component model in
Graffito to help integration with other tools.

> * The persistence layer  will use the OCM tools to map java classes
> into a JCR repo.
> * A tools is required to register a new class definition into a JCR
> repo. When registring a new java class, this tools will create the
> corresponfing node types. Register a new content java class has to be
> as simple as register a new jcr node type.

There's a jcr-classloader component in Jackrabbit contribs that might
come in handy.

I'd also be interested in investigating options for content-to-object
mappings as opposed to object-to-content mappings. I.e. could we
automatically expose JCR content as Java objects (instead or in
addition to JCR Nodes) to enable effortless integration with various
JavaBean tools.

BR,

Jukka Zitting